Staff and students enjoyed a variety of activities during the month of July. Here are just a few of the activities students participated in.
- Students went mountain biking with adventure education gurus, Sarah and Andre, to several beautiful locations here in the lush panhandle of Idaho.
- There was a paddle boarding trip to Trestle Creek on Lake Pend Oreille, a Sandpoint treasure!
- Students and staff went on a Fourth of July paddle boarding trip in the morning at beautiful Dover Bay and then arrived on campus for a BBQ, yard games and fireworks. Some staff and students went to enjoy off campus Fireworks in Bonners Ferry, Idaho.
- Our musically talented students and staff attended the first Open Mic night at the local Pearl Theater in Bonners Ferry.
- Bonners Ferry hosted its annual Saturday 3 on 3 Swish Basketball Tournament, featuring teams from all over the Idaho and Washington areas with two teams representing Northwest Academy.
- Some students went swimming to Dover Bay on Lake Pend Oreille and others went to Sandpoint West Athletic Club for swimming and working out.
- Andre took students to a Minor League Spokane Indians baseball game and a trek around Q’Emlin Park in Post Falls, Idaho.
- We took advantage of huckleberry picking up at Schweitzer Mountain Ski Resort, a North Idaho past time.
- Staff and students took a swimming trip to the Kootenai River In Bonners Ferry and escaped the heat of the month.
- Staff and students attended a Ted Talk event in Coeur D Alene titled “Diamonds in the Rough”.
- A parent visit weekend took kids and their parents to Roman Nose alpine lake for a BBQ and some hiking and swimming around the lake.
During the month, student golfers went out to play the local course several times a week and the girls celebrated winning the cleanest dorm contest with a trip off campus for milkshakes at the local burger place.
A pretty great month!